Your privacy is important.
“We”, “us”, “our” and “Dove Hospice online shop” means Eastern Bay Hospice (trading as Dove Hospice)
This Policy describes how we comply with our obligations under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 as well as the privacy or data protection laws of other jurisdictions where we operate.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the updated version on our website.
Dove Hospice online shop is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this website via hyperlinks, banner advertising or otherwise.
What information do we collect?
Generally, the information we collect about customers includes your name, home or work address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, and e-mail addresses. We also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender and shopping preferences, interests and favourites. When you visit our websites, we may also collect information about your computer- type of device and your IP address.
We also collect information about your use of our website using cookies. You can choose to decline cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to experience our online interactive features fully.
We may also collect additional information about customers, including purchase history, location and preferences, either directly, or through our business partners.
Ordinarily, customers can purchase pre-loved goods from us without disclosing personal information, but in this situation, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services available.
How we collect and hold information
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you purchase pre-loved products from us, or enter into arrangements with us, provide feedback/complaints to us or register your details with us.
By providing your personal information to us, you confirm that you have reviewed this Policy and consent to the collection and use of your personal information as specified.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on password-protected servers located in access controlled secure locations.
Dove Hospice Online Shop is working with Google to improve the online shopping experience across devices
If you are signed in to your Google account when you use Dove Hospice Online Shop, then Google may also combine data from your Google account with data about your use of Dove Hospice Online Shop, to help identify you to be shown relevant Dove Hospice advertising online, across your devices. This is done using a Google service called Remarketing with Google Analytics, which links Google Analytics with Google advertising (set by Google).
Google Analytics is a tool that helps website owners measure how users interact with website content. For more information and to opt-out:
- Google advertising and Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
- How Google uses data when you use sites and apps that use Google technologies: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- To opt-out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- To opt-out of Google Ads Personalization: https://www.google.com/settings/ads
Why we collect and how we use information
We collect and use your information to:
- sell, administer, improve and personalise our products and services.
- pre-loved products for sale and transport
- process payments and credit checks services and to deal with your feedback or complaints and provide refunds and discounts.
- better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences, conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our service and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you.
- to communicate with you and to operate the customer service centre.
- undertake and administer promotions, competitions, in-store events, marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities.
- manage our online shop, inventory and administer our websites.
- protect against fraud and theft.
- complete other transactions with you or on your behalf.
- Maintain and update our records.
From time to time, we may also use your personal information to send you email to invite you to complete a product review or send you targeted news, offers and promotions of our products and services. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can opt-out by contacting us at the address listed below.
How we disclose your information
We will only disclose information about you to third parties if required by law or legal process, to companies who are responsible for parts of our service delivery such as marketing, third party fulfilment centres and third parties compiling product reviews on our behalf.
We may occasionally transfer your personal information, credit information (and credit eligibility information) to organisations located overseas, for example, where:
- we use service providers based overseas.
- you have requested a product or service that involves an international element.
- we need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- an international payment has been made.
We require overseas recipients to use personal information only for the purpose provided and to implement strict confidentiality and data protection arrangements. Your information may also be stored on computer servers located outside of New Zealand. Any offshore disclosures will be to entities located in Australia, the United States of America and the Asia Pacific region (including but not limited to China, India, Bangladesh, Singapore, Vietnam and Hong Kong).
Accessing and correcting your information and questions
You can request access to your information or that your information to be corrected by contacting us at the address below.
If you have a question about this Policy or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We may need to contact you for further details.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you can make a complaint to the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner.